About Jennifer Robinson
Jennifer Robinson is a licensed marriage and family therapist specializing in substance abuse, PTSD, and relationships affected by addiction and trauma. Jennifer’s experience in the treatment field includes developing and directing a PHP, sober living, being the lead trauma therapist, and serving as a clinical manager.
She also provides therapy at her local private practice, True North Therapy. Jennifer is excited to join the team at Emerge Healing Center, where she will work with families and clients on this journey to healing.
Jennifer does a certain number of cases pro bono or at a low sliding scale cost at her private practice True North Therapy located in Alpharetta for people who can not afford trauma work but need it. She is also affiliated with The Just Heart Foundation working to provide ART therapy for patients and families.
Being an Alpharetta native, Jennifer went to “the old” Milton High School in Alpharetta before it was torn down. Growing up none of the current things were around. Now she lives to grab dinner in downtown Alpharetta, Avalon, and Halcyon. She is a regular at the Cumming Fair each year and used to do that with her father. In the summer, she also spends summers on Lake Lanier.
Jennifer Robinson's Education
Jennifer Robinson earned her Bachelor of Science in Psychology at UGA and her Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy at the University of Kentucky in 2007. Her full educational credentials include:
- Milton High School (Alpharetta, GA)
- University of Georgia: BS in Psychology / Minor in Child and Family Development
- University of Kentucky: MS in Marriage and Family Therapy
Jennifer Robinson's Professional Credentials
In addition to an extensive formal education, Jennifer has continued to grow both professionally and personally since completing school. Some additional professional certifications that Jennifer holds include:
- Trauma/PTSD: Trained in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Trauma Systems Therapy (TST), and Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART)
- Relationship/Couples Counseling: Gottman Method, Emotionally-Focused Therapy (EFT), Internal Family Systems (IFS) Therapy, and Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Addiction Therapy: Matrix Model, Recovery Dynamics, Relapse Prevention, 12-step recovery
- Anxiety Disorder Therapy: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and Motivational Interviewing
Additional Information About Jennifer Robinson
In Jennifer’s own words:
I am very close with my family and friends and spend a lot of time with them. We get out hiking in the north Georgia mountains when it’s pretty. I also love to travel and have been all over the world. I grew up for my high school years in Alpharetta so this is home to me. I am an active member of Bodybar Pilates located in downtown Alpharetta and am there most days of the week. I have a puppy named Freud who I am currently training to be a therapy dog to come to the office with me. I also own my Private Practice True North Therapy located near Avalon in Alpharetta.