Emerge Healing Center, located just north of Atlanta in Alpharetta, Georgia, offers extensive treatment options for individuals struggling with substance addiction. From alcohol addiction to drug addiction, to dual diagnosis and PTSD and trauma, the inclusive treatment center has one mission – to break through distressing limitations like trauma, provide a safe environment for healing, and learn how to enjoy a meaningful life, all in The Pursuit of Freedom from drugs and alcohol.
In support of that mission, the treatment center now offers an evening Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). With IOP already one treatment option for clients during the day, the evening option introduces additional benefits.
What is an IOP?
A typical Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) allows clients to return home each night while still receiving a high level of care. This begins with our team working with you or your loved one to determine how many days a week you will need to attend treatment. Based on that, we then outline your treatment plan. On the days you need treatment, the client comes to the treatment facility for a set number of hours and then can return home at the end of the day.
With an evening IOP option, clients who work or are in school full-time could now receive the same level of care. Much like a daytime IOP, clients attend therapy and groups including a Seeking Safety & Stability/DBT group, Trauma Informed Yoga/process group, Psych Education/Brain on Trauma CBT skills group, and more.
Although not the same as an Inpatient Treatment Program, which is typically more intense, you can rest easy that you or your loved one is receiving a high level of care – our program follows the guidelines set forth by the American Society of Addiction Medicine and is led by highly trained staff members.
In addition to the individual and group therapy offered during treatment, IOP clients also have access to medical visits, Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT), medication management help, and aftercare options.
Benefits of an Evening IOP
Although essentially the same in structure as a daily IOP, an evening IOP caters to individuals with substance addiction who have prior obligations such as family, work, or school.
These programs also work well for clients who seem to maintain a level of sobriety, stopping use for a short time, but can’t manage to maintain sobriety in the long term. In addition, individuals who have gone through a more intense PHP program (Partial Hospitalization Program) could benefit from an evening IOP as a transitioning tool into a life of sobriety.
Other benefits of an evening IOP program include:
- Getting support without a noticeable absence from work or school
- The chance to process each day in real-time
- Increased flexibility in treatment
What Does an Evening IOP Include?
As stated, the evening IOP offered at Emerge Healing Center has many benefits, one being that it includes many of the same treatment options that the day IOP has. These include the following:
- Medical Visits – Many people who have an addiction also suffer from health complications, including nutritional deficiencies from poor eating habits to more serious issues like diabetes or high blood pressure. Medical visits allow clients to schedule appointments to help address these concerns, improving their physical health and making it easier to focus on treatment.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) – MAT is a very effective option for people suffering from severe alcohol addiction or opioid addiction. It utilizes certain medications that help reduce substance cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
- Medication Management – Many clients end up being prescribed at least one medication while in an IOP, with some prescribed more than one to best address all of their mental and physical concerns. Medication management services help balance your medications, monitoring dosages for effectiveness while also making sure you aren’t experiencing severe side effects.
- Individual Therapy – These one-on-one sessions help clients find and address any underlying reasons behind their addiction, such as trauma or a mental health condition, and work through the negative experiences that addiction may have led them through. These sessions also provide clients with tools to help manage stress and cope with drug use triggers when they are unavoidable.
- Group Therapy – Many Atlanta IOPs also recommend group therapy as a part of their client’s treatment programs. While discussing your addiction with strangers may make you feel uncomfortable at first, over time you will see how valuable group therapy is. Being able to talk to people who understand what you are going through is often a huge relief for those in recovery.
- Aftercare Options – Recovering from addiction can be a long process for most people, due to the impact that substance abuse has on brain function. Aftercare programs are designed to give continued support when things get tough, as well as a safe space to celebrate milestones.
If you or a loved one are currently dealing with an addiction and would like to know more about treatment options in Atlanta, contact us today. At Emerge Healing Center, our team can help you to decide which program is right for you, as well as design a treatment program that will maximize your chances of success. Gain control of your life with the help of the right treatment center, and find out just how fulfilling an addiction-free life can be.